Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My Top Ten Books for 2005

These are in no particular order of favorite-ness. As I look over my choices, I am pleased to see that they are split about in half adult/kid. Three of them (*) were not read for either of my book clubs. (I do more than my "assigned" reading! The teacher in me loves that!) Three of them are by Shannon Hale. I'm not usually able to give a favorite author (either adult or kid) but right now, Shannon Hale is my favorite kids' book author.

CLOUD ATLAS by David Mitchell
A WREATH FOR EMMETT TILL by Marilyn Nelson
PROJECT MULBERRY by Linda Sue Park
THE PASSIONATE LEARNER by Robert Fried*
GOOSE GIRL by Shannon Hale
ENNA BURNING by Shannon Hale*
PRINCESS ACADEMY by Shannon Hale
CHILDREN PLAYING BEFORE A STATUE OF HERCULES ed. David Sedaris*
EACH LITTLE BIRD THAT SINGS by Deborah Wiles
THE MASTER BUTCHER'S SINGING CLUB by Louise Erdrich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.