Monday, November 19, 2007

NCTE: Wow!

What a great conference!

Too bad I have to go to work today instead of reflecting on the great sessions I attended (Regie Routman wins for inspiration; Randy Bomer and his co-presenters win for ideas I want to try in my classroom), the amazing food I ate (and some that I didn't -- pigeon in chocolate sauce), the distances I walked (will my feet and hips ever recover?), the books I got for free or cheap, and the new friends I met (some for the first time ever, and some for the first time in person).

Stay tuned for more!

7 comments:

  1. I'm back at school too. I wish we'd had a chance to meet this time. Last time we met for two seconds at the Stenhouse breakfast, but I had a conflict and wasn't there this time. But it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:12 AM

    Mary Lee, it was great to meet you and get to hang out during NCTE. And, of course, talk about blogging at the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:50 PM

    A pleasure meeting you on Saturday Mary Lee! So good to connect the name and the face.

    BTW: I didn't know what the Robert Snow Auction was until your session. Thanks to all four of you for the information on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend from home can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:59 PM

    I can't wait to hear more about NCTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for getting me involved in a great conference, Mary Lee! I especially enjoyed our dinner on Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica, we missed you at breakfast. The NYC deli was classic!

    Susan and Jen, thanks for everything! It was great to meet you, eat fabulous Thai with you, gossip about books and blogs with you, and present with you! Thanks for coming!

    Stacey, great to meet you in person!

    Katie and Sarah...stay tuned, here it comes!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.