Saturday, June 07, 2008

Ready, Set, GO!

READY: I have selected the books for my stack. Nothing new; nothing from the teeming boxes of Notables. Those can wait. I am going to take out my to-read pile in the next 48-hours. Well, part of it, anyway. The stack that sits at the end of that one bookshelf. There's still that whole shelf full of adult to-read, the professional to-reads, and another half shelf of children's to-read. Sigh.

Back to the list! I'll start with a graphic novel -- RAPUNZEL'S REVENGE. I've been saving it for the first book out. Then there's WINNIE-THE-POOH and THE HOUSE AT POOH CORNER. Apparently, one of the places we are going to stay in England sits next to the forest where Milne received his Pooh-ish inspiration! Left over from CYBILS last year is A DROWNED MAIDEN'S HAIR, and left over from this year's CYBILS is GOOD MASTERS! SWEET LADIES! So I'll have a little Laura Amy Schlitz going on! HONEYBEE by Naomi Shihab Nye is on the pile, as are LIFE SUCKS and THREE SHADOWS. To complement the graphic novels, I'll read ADVENTURES IN GRAPHICA. If I finish all that in 48 hours, I'll be amazed...and pleased!

SET: My morning tea is made and waiting.

GO: I'm off to read!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    So jealous! I am to be studying for the national boards exam next Saturday. That's my reading this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jone, GOOD LUCK next weekend! We'll have you in our thoughts. (And we won't tell anyone that you did a little blog reading when you were supposed to be studying!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.