Saturday, July 25, 2009

Learning from Twitter and Blogs

I continue to think and learn so much that relates to the changes new tools are creating for education. I wrote an article that is posted today at Choice Literacy, sharing information about some of the blogs that have helped me in my learning--people who understand literacy, learning and technology and the ways they can work together. This certainly is not a comprehensive list but people always ask me where I find links and writing on the topic of 21st Century Literacy/Learning. I have somehow lucked out on finding brilliant people in the field. So, I wanted to share some of the blogs I follow--much of my learning lately has come from these great educators as well as others.

Twitter has also been a huge piece of my learning. I am not a big fan of memes but I found this one on through Linda at E-flections of an Educator and decided to steal it--what a great idea it is! Hopefully Linda doesn't mind that I loved it so much that I am participating without an inviation! It is a Twitter Mosaic Meme. I think it is a great way to really think about our personal learning networks and the people who are contributing to our thinking. Such a visual for the impact of a network and the importance of collective thinking. Twitter has been such a huge piece of my learning lately that I love this meme as a way to celebrate that!

Get your twitter mosaic here.



I love this mosaic. In looking at it, I am amazed at how fast my network grows--how I come to find people through other people and so on. To think that in the 8 months that I have been on Twitter, I have learned from so many people every day. I think as learners, we gravitate to the people who are thinking about the same things we are and I am amazed by the combination of people that I learn from--such unique areas of expertise in the same field. The combination of blogs and twitter posts along with the links those lead me to has taken me on a huge learning journey and I love it!

So, here are the rules:
1. Go to http://sxoop.com/twitter/ to create your mosaic (you can choose friends or followers).
2. Copy the code and paste it into a blog entry.
3. Reflect and comment on your mosaic.
4. Tag some “tweeples.”
5. Link back to this post or the post where you were first tagged.

I am tagging @MaryLeeHahn, @stellavillalba, @karensterlecky, @smarcher4, @karenszymusiak and anyone else who thinks this sounds like fun!
Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I love your mosaic except I'm not on it. :-(

    I'm off to follow you. I think already do, but must check. I love what you do here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the meme! Will be posting mine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really neat! Okay, I'm posting one tomorrow as well.

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been learning so much from blogs since I started blogging and noticing educational blogs available about a year ago.

    I am still behind on Twitter. I don't really get what it is or how to use it. It sounds like it has really impacted you, so maybe I will need to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Meme! Mine is up and running. It was fun! Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks
    I posted mine this morning.
    And thanks for the mention in your wonderful article, too. I follow you as closely as you follow me.
    :)
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! If not for pingbacks I'd never have known you did this, Franki! The fun thing about memes is anyone can join in...so glad you did! And you've inspired others. In looking at my blog stats, I wondered why my Twitter meme post from February suddenly had 25 hits, and now I know! I hope that others who also responded will link back to my post so I can check them out, too. :) Just wondering: how did you come upon my blog, and what is your Twitter id so I can follow you? Thanks for making my day! Linda

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your contribution to the conversation!