Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day!

When I got home from school yesterday, still floating on the cloud of first day-ness, my next door neighbor asked me how long it would take me to get back into the swing of things. (She obviously didn't notice that I was floating...)

It took me less than 5 minutes, I told her. All I had to do was meet my class.

Teachers are jugglers. The balls and plates and swords and bowling balls and pins are in the air from the very first moment the children step into your line and become your class. We simply cannot afford to "get into the swing of things" later on in the week or the year.

It's such a blessing to be doing the work I was born to do. Let the fun begin!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You were floating? My first day back isn't until next week and somehow I don't imagine I'll be floating...but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MaryLee,
    I totally agree with you. We have the absolute best job in the world and my favorite day of the year (even more than Christmas and my birthday) is the first day of school. Let the fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, why can't you be my kid's teacher? I mean, not that hers is bad...but I just wish all teachers had your passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt that same light-happiness of the first day ML. cangl Here's to fun all year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.