Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Kylene Beers' Presidential Address: NCTE 2009



If you were at NCTE's Annual Convention, hopefully you heard Kylene Beers give her Presidential Address on Sunday morning. The title of her talk was "Sailing Over the Edge: Navigating the Uncharted Waters of a World Gone Flat". There was standing room only and Kylene received a standing ovation for her talk. It was one of the best messages I have heard in a very long time. It was truthful and honest and hopeful. And brilliant, of course. NCTE just posted the Presidential Address to their website. I would highly recommend reading it and sharing it with everyone you know. So happy that it has been published so that it can be shared beyond the people who were in the room that morning at the convention.

2 comments:

  1. I am so gland that NCTE posted this. I was not able to get in the room and could only hear bits and pieces of the speech.

    Thanks for posting the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. I wasn't at NCTE (much to my chagrin) and have heard great things about this talk!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.