Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Another Great Song Book--IF YOU'RE A MONSTER AND YOU KNOW IT

Now that the kids in the library are totally excited about books they can sing because of PETE THE CAT, I am on the lookout for new books with downloadable songs.  I so love the work of Rebecca and Ed Emberly that I was excited to see IF YOU'RE A MONSTER AND YOU KNOW IT just in time for the Halloween season.

This is a new version of the classic song, "If You're Happy and You Know It."  But it takes on a fun twist asking kids to do things like "smack your claws" and "twitch your tail".  Just as with other books that are coming with songs these days, there is a fun song that can be downloaded for singalongs or just listening.  It is at Scholastic's site along with other information on the book.

As with their other books, the illustrations in this one are bright and colorful and set against black.  I think if I put bright paper out, kids will have a great time trying to create some of their own monsters using Emberly's art as a mentor.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to post this Friday about how much fun it is to sing poetry and how we are using it with their iPods! Thanks for another great title -I will add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.