Thursday, October 21, 2010

THERE'S A PRINCESS IN THE PALACE by Zoe B. Alley

In January, we reviewed THERE'S A WOLF AT THE DOOR--a great, over sized book of fairy tales told in graphic novel form.  I have loved this book and it is quite popular in the library. Even though I am sure it doesn't fit in any child's bookbag, they figure out a way to get it home!

So, I was thrilled to see another book that follows this same idea by Zoe Alley. THERE'S A PRINCESS IN THE PALACE: FIVE CLASSIC TALES does for princesses what THERE'S A WOLF AT THE DOOR did for wolves. This very fun, pink, over sized book  (really, what more could you want!) is the retelling of 5 classic princess tales including Cinderella and The Princess and the Pea.  The humor in the dialogue and the personalities of the princesses are quite fun. My 11 year old laughed aloud as she read the ending to Cinderella.

A fun book and a great addition to any fairy tale study.  I loved the first book but love this one even more as some of these stories are my favorites.  This author knows how to bring classic tales to life in a very unique way.

3 comments:

  1. We just got this book in our library and I am looking forward to sharing it with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this book before, but I am going to go out and buy it for my classroom this weekend! It sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.