Monday, November 07, 2011

MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON

My older daughter "invited" me to watch the Youtube video, MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON months ago. I couldn't help but laugh and love this character once I started watching.  The combination of the visual, the voice and the humor drew me in.



This week, the picture book MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON: THINGS ABOUT ME was released.  If you know the video, how could you not love the book?  It is more fun info about a character we know. (I think I need to get the audiobook to go along with it, because what fun is Marcel without his voice?)

After reading the interview with the authors, I had even more insight into this phenomenon.

Then I discovered that Marcel the Shell has a Facebook Page and a Twitter Account!

And I just discovered that there is also a Marcel the Shell iPad/iPhone App!

Seems like Marcel is EVERYWHERE these days.  I think this is a fun example of all the ways we can enjoy a character and his stories.

When my daughter showed the video to me over the summer, I laughed but never imagined this as a children's book. But, now that it is, it makes perfect sense. I think this is a character we will be seeing lots of in the near future:-)

3 comments:

  1. Just got this book yesterday! Read it today.. my kids LOVED it. You can have it narrated by Marcel online too. A wonderful laugh for a rainy, Missouri Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you could get it narrated by Marcel online. Where do I find that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Franki, you get a link to the audio book when you buy the hardcover edition.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.