Sunday, February 05, 2012

January Mosaic and A New Photographic Focus


This year, my Project 365 has a new focus.

I'm going to collect photos of numbers and letters (actual and representations). By the end of the year, I'll be able to make my own Alpha-Numeric picture book through the iPhoto store!

Top row:
0 (garden stepping stone)
0 (knot in wood)
0 (classroom sink strainer)
00 (rings around the moon)

Row two:
00 (condensed milk can)
00 (goofy glasses)
1 (hemlock cone)
2 (hemlock cones)

Row three:
3 (oak leaves on the oak that's growing in the geranium on my classroom windowsill -- formerly the geranium on my front porch!)
3 (hemlock cones -- one of my favorite pictures of all time -- love the light and the sky...)
4 (acorn split by squirrels)
4 (number on sign at the deaf school soccer field)

Row four:
5 (sweet gum leaf)
12 (bloggers + 1 big red dog)
A (fence along McConnell walking trails)
Avocado Mismatch (not really part of the ABC/123 project)

Row five:
S (vine along McConnell walking trails)
W (tree trunks along McConnell walking trails)
Winter (not really part of the ABC/123 project; along McConnell walking trails)
Y (rabbit track in the snow along McConnell walking trails)

9 comments:

  1. This is the coolest focus, and you're going to end up with a world of neat photos. These are fantastic! Do you have IF ROCKS COULD SING? (Did your blog introduce me to IF ROCKS COULD SING?) If not, you will love it. I can't wait to see this collection grow, Mary Lee... a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be a lot of fun! For some reason, it made me think of the Human Clock: http://www.humanclock.com/, which is also a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! how did you think of this idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be amazing-when I used to travel to Boston w/ 50 fifth graders we would always see art work with pictures from Boston that would spell Boston. It was such a neat idea I always wanted to try it can't wait once again to follow this visual discovery! I bet at the end of the year you will have some amazing words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I bet you are seeing numbers and letters everywhere now. This would be a great project for kids, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea & these photos are a terrific beginning. I love sweet gum leaves-star gifts! Good luck with the search!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun! I hope you'll share some tidbits along the way....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:59 AM

    Hi Mary Lee,
    I want to know more about this project. Looks neat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Lee,
    You actually make 365 look enticing again. I enjoyed your new focus, and can't wait to see the final product. I wonder which numbers and letters you'll find the most challenging to discover?

    Good luck, my friend.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.