Wednesday, July 04, 2012

June Mosaic
































So many stories this month. Family quilt stories, carousel memories, All Write inspirations, heat and drought, storm damage, two animal rescues (Coopers Hawk chick and a little dog named Troy).

I have five years of photos in my iPhoto (6,988 shots), and three more years archived from my old computer. There are four years worth of mosaics on Flickr. I realized at All Write, that what started as a modified version of Project 365 on Flickr has become a really powerful digital writer's notebook. Sometimes I sketch before I write, sometimes I web out my ideas, sometimes I pick from a list of brainstormed topics...and sometimes my prewriting is just look at a photo and either tell the story that's there, or imagine a new one.

You can see larger versions the pictures (and bits of stories in the captions) on Flickr.


6 comments:

  1. Always beautiful to see, Mary Lee. Thank you. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mosaic and the idea of using asll these photos as a gateway to writing. So much inspiration! I've never tried a mosaic - will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wait every month for the last day to see your mosaic it is a ritual for me. Thanks for allowing me to share All Write with you. I am also considering the idea of digital picture library and the power it could bring to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful and inspiring, Mary Lee! I love following your process, seeing your photos, and reading your poems. You are generous and smart on so many fronts....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done with the Flickr mosaics. That quilt series if fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.