Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wow. How did I not know about this?

It pays to read to the end of the Poetry Friday roundup.

The last link this week (at least as of this writing) is to PaperTigers Blog. Great review of a new-to-me book of poetry by Francisco X. Alarcón: Iguanas in the Snow and Other Winter Poems.

And then I am blown out of the water by a link to The International Children's Digital Library.

How did I not know about this site?

You can read books in Swahili there. Or in Farsi. Or Hindi. Or Spanish. Or Arabic. Oh, yeah, and in English, too.

Spread the news -- this is an AMAZING site!

7 comments:

  1. The site looks terrific, Mary Lee. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and Linda:
    1) How did I not know about this site? (especially given that I teach at a bilingual school and we are always hunting for Spanish resources.
    2) What a terrific resource. I'm emailing my teachers about this right away.

    Francisco X. Alarcon is actually an author we use a lot in Colorado. IGUANAS IN THE SNOW is one of four- one for each season. There's LAUGHING TOMATOES, BELLYBUTTON TO THE MOON, and I can't remember the fourth one right now. He also has several other terrific bilingual (English/Spanish) poetry books, the newest one is about animals, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teacher and kid lit blogs are a true treasure trove!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too always learning new information-love our virtual community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find and share. It is so exciting to know that there is still so much out there to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for passing along such a valuable resource!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.