Thursday, May 16, 2013

Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping


Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping
by Mélanie Watt
Kids Can Press, 2013

I know some people, actually, one in particular, who doesn't really like anything that has to do with nature. (I won't mention any names. You know who you are.)

And then there's me. I love the out-of-doors so much that I run our school's environmental club. For free.

Every kind of nature lover can relate to Scaredy Squirrel in his newest book. Scaredy decides that the best way to enjoy camping is "from a safe distance." He buys a TV.

But he has to find a way to plug his new TV in, and in the course of getting the extension cord to the outlet in the campground, he discovers the joys of the great out-of-doors.

He still plugs in his extension cord, but what he USES it for will surprise you! (No, I'm not telling. Go read the book. To children. Because they're a little like the out-of-doors -- scary at first, but once you get used to them, they're pretty fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.