Friday, April 25, 2014

Our Wonderful World.25

Details of my Poetry Month Project can be found here.


25. Victoria Falls

THE SMOKE THAT THUNDERS

Wide river, sauntering fluidly,
serene, unaware of the fault ahead,
                                        stumbles,
                                               falls,
                                            churns
                                           angrily,
                                     thundering
                                   through
                                     narrow
                                 canyons.

©Mary Lee Hahn, 2014


This week, I traveled with my intrepid fellow travelers Carol and Kevin (and a few other intermittent wanderers) to
Chichen Itza (I wrote a "What to do if you are a..." poem),
The Grand Canyon (my poem is a tribute to Franki for her birthday),
The Great Barrier Reef (I wrote an angry acrostic),
Mt. Everest (mine is about the recent avalanche),
The Aurora (I attempted a pantoum), and
The Amazon Rain Forest (I got fascinated by leaf cutter ants).

Tabatha has the Poetry Friday roundup today at The Opposite of Indifference.

Be sure to stop by Carol's Corner and check out her Rainforest Rainbow poem from yesterday.

You'll feel like you're riding over Victoria Falls with Kevin's poem today at Kevin's Meandering Mind!

15 comments:

  1. Well ... my poem isn't the best but I went with an interactive experience of sorts.
    http://prezi.com/anbyb7fhalza/riding-victoria-falls-the-smoke-that-roars/
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the change in shape, words, and mood from serene river to angry, churning falls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the river is like any of us, when caught unaware by one of life's canyons! That's a very eye-catching title, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice shape poem! I'd love to hear it "thundering through narrow canyons"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an expressive shape poem, Mary Lee. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem looks like the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely presentation, Mary Lee. I like that you've shown a point of view here. Wouldn't it be awesome to see these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing amazing with this writing project. I like the way your words fall off the cliff in "The smoke that thunders."

    Violet N.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An abecedarian that needs to be revised.
    http://carolwscorner.blogspot.com/2014/04/victoria-falls-taken-from-helicopter-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Violet - amazed at this project, and the creativity of all of you who participate so brilliantly every day. Just awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my kind of poem--one that strikes the ears, the eyes, and the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing poetry. Love the shape and inspiration. I'm sure you are picturing this in a book form...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love not only the poem, Mary Lee, but the look of the poem. And yes, so fun to see it mentioned in my combox in conjunction with my Poetry Friday pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how visual this poem is. Churns...such a great word.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I marvel at the vision of this project. Beautiful imagery in your verse, and lovely image too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.