Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Some Favorite New Books for 3rd Grade Transitional Readers

I have been on the lookout for short reads for my 3rd graders. I still have a handful of students who are struggling with finishing books.  Finding quality books for 3rd graders is always a struggle. So I am always thrilled when I find something with a little more to it than most.  And with a humor that is perfect for 8 and 9 year olds. I've found several great ones for kids pretty new to chapter books lately.   Here they are:













10 comments:

  1. A feast of books for my tbr list--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun covers! I wish Cynthia Lord's MG series had been around when my kids were younger. They would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those covers do look great! How adorable is that princess in black?? And I'm excited to see Cornelia Funke writes books for that age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful suggestions! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these books with us. We were at Samoset last weekend at saw Leroy Nicker Saddles Up in the bookstore. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot. I have such trouble getting my nine year old to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There looks like a few titles I could use with my second graders. I too thought Leroy Nicker Saddles Up looked like one I might need to get. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:35 AM

    These all look great. I'm especially looking forward to Leroy Nicker Saddles Up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this great list of titles! I definitely need some new suggestions for the transitional readers in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this list. It is so important to third graders that their books look legitimate. And when they are struggling a bit, it is a challenge to help them find books that appeal in terms of content and have the look that they want.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.