Saturday, April 25, 2015

PO-EMotion -- Cheerfulness

Wikipedia


flash of gold 
not smelted 
newly molted

lilting flight
burbling song
undulation

concentrated
coruscating
cheer

©Mary Lee Hahn, 2015









Carol, at Carol's Corner, will join me again this year as often as possible.

Kimberley, at iWrite in Maine, is joining me this month. 
Kay, at A Journey Through the Pages, is joining, too!
"Family Portrait"

Steve, at inside the dog, is sharing his poems 
in the comments at Poetrepository.


Heidi, at my juicy little universe, will join us when she can.

Linda, at TeacherDance, will join as often as she can.
Check the comments at A Year of Reading or Poetrepository for her poems.

Kevin (Kevin's Meandering Mind) is back this year,
leaving poetry trax in the comments.

Carol, at Beyond Literacy Link, is writing alongside us when she can.
"Celebrate Life"

Jone, at DeoWriter, is doing a "double L" challenge. 
She and I are cross-poLLinating our challenges whenever possible.


8 comments:

  1. Coruscating! I love how poetry expands my vocabulary. Blue and yellow combined always make me feel cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cheerful image of the goldfinch!

    I'm late getting mine written today, but here it is http://kaymcgriff.edublogs.org/2015/04/25/family-portrait/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous poem, Mary Lee! And like Ramona, I learned a new word.

    After a morning of teaching, then five hours at the school carnival, I'm scrambling a little for poems tonight.

    A RECIPE FOR CHEERFULNESS

    Ingredients:
    One fluttery purple iris
    Two blades of green grass
    Tulips- three each of palest pink, red, and yellow
    Four drops of daffodil juice
    A dash of lilac zest

    To do:
    Stir together in large bowl
    Set oven to full sunshine,
    bake until ingredients reach desired consistency

    Best when served in a large glass
    on patio or porch swing.

    (c) Carol Wilcox, 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Carol, what a wonderful, cheery poem that is inventive. Too bad that we cannot create this drink and have instant cheerfulness. Would you consider pairing this with a photo and offering it for my online gallery, Spring's Symphony?

      Delete
  4. Mary Lee, what a splendid poem that rings with coruscating cheer as you sparkle our day. I am a day late with my poem on cheerfulness but I started it yesterday and fell asleep before I could put the finishing touches on it. Please see it at http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2015/04/celebrating-good-cheer.html. Thanks for bringing the good cheer today and now off to ponder zest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Lee, this was a case of "just-in-time poetry" yesterday. Thanks for the much-needed smile this gave me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, coruscating indeed! So bright!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.