Monday, January 11, 2016

This Week's Online Reading


(Visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers for the  It's Monday! What Are You Reading? roundup!)

I have a lot of writing deadlines in January so I have not read much fiction. I am trying not to start a book because I know that it is hard to write when I am wondering about characters I love. So I have been reading a lot of online pieces and I have found so many worth sharing. So for today's "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" I thought I'd share some of the powerful things I've read this week. Once I started the list, I realized I should give credit to the people who shared these with me through email or social media but I wasn't that organized. So thanks to everyone who shares great reading, especially the pieces below.



To the White Parents of my Black Son's Friends by Maralee Bradley

Is the Drive for Success Making Our Children Sick? by Vicki Abeles

Mom: What do I expect from my children's elementary school? Certainly not this. by Valerie Strauss

Let's Debate: Homework! by Kristi Mraz

10 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently by Andrew Tate

Beyond Working Hard: What Growth Mindset Teaches Us About Our Brains by Katrina Schwartz

Growing Pains by Jen Schwanke

 Reading Right Now Recommendations from Kristin Ziemke

Ann Patchett on the Return of Bookstores

Assessments as Hope by Cassandra Erkens

1 comment:

  1. I need to stop starting books when I need to write. I have a hard time putting a book down once I've opened it.

    http://buildinglifelongreaders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.