|A student uses her notes during reading to quickly respond at the end of the day's reading.|
|The cards hanging ready for the next day.|
- It will give me a daily view into their thinking. I take a look at their writing often but it is often hard to see it all. These cards will be easy to look at quickly each day.
- It will help me assess their responses to reading to better see what they are doing as writers about reading.
- It will give us lots of ways to think about what makes a strong reading response. Even though these are short, I'll be able to use some as mentors for thinking that is written in a way that is thoughtful and well beyond a summary of what was read.
- We will be able to talk off of a few when we start read aloud each day.
- Kids will be able to reflect on their own responses and possibly set future goals because they will all be together and easy to analyze.