Sunday, March 25, 2018

31 Teaching Truths

Photo by Fischer Twins via Unsplash

25. Be yourself.

I don't own any leggings and I know next to nothing about popular culture and sports, but these facts don't cause a moment's loss of sleep.

I can pair readers with the perfect books, teach writers how to craft an introduction, scaffold a hesitant math student to confidence, and tolerate the messes that come with scientific experimentation.

Be yourself and you will be the right teacher at the right time for an untold number of students who also don't "fit in" for any number of visible or invisible reasons.




1 comment:

  1. That is a teacher truth I’ve had to remind myself of many times. I’m grateful to have the teammates I do. We’re very different, which helps us better match kids to teachers.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.