Monday, April 29, 2019

Haikubes With Hem






my balance calls
I slowly return home 
the glorious next


©Mary Lee Hahn, 2019


Hem is sad to see Poetry Month drawing to a close. He'll miss stealing haikubes from the pile and batting them underneath the couch. And they are so fun to lay on while Mom is trying to choose just the right ones. But how come she can bat them around with her paws, but I get in trouble for the same thing, Hem wonders. 

I am also sad to see Poetry Month coming to an end. Sad, and yet needing all my time and energy to focus on "the glorious next" of May in 5th grade. My balance will just have to keep calling until the end of the month. That's the way this gig works. Wouldn't have it any other way.  


1 comment:

  1. "That's the way this gig works." Happy goodbyes and wrapping up of this year, ML. I've loved visiting here throughout the month, and I kinda want to buy Hem his own set of haikubes. x

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.