Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life

Okay, so this is my very favorite story of the year. JEREMY FINK AND THE MEANING OF LIFE by Wendy Mass--LOVED IT! I decided to read it after FUSE #8 gave it such a great review. She was correct. It is a great book and I haven't heard much about it. I would highly recommend it. It would be a great read aloud for older kids. I got the same feel that I got many, many years ago when I was reading FROM THE MIXED UP FILES OF MRS. BASIL E. FRANKWEILER by E.L. Konigsburg, one of my favorite books from childhood. Jeremy Fink is a great character. His search for the meaning of life is one that is fun and one that makes you think. I've read the author's other books, but this is by far, my favorite! I don't think they give the Newbery anymore for a great story, but I would love to see this one win!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Happily, this book has already been nominated for the Cybils. This is an award that will take having a great story into account, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 AM

    this was a weird book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:56 PM

    I received this book as a gift after my school's Scholastic book fair, and I adore it. It is going on my classroom shelf with my highest recommendations, and I am also recommending it to my three grown children. A good book makes for a good read at any age; readers of all ages can identify and sympathize with Jeremy Fink as he searches for meaning in his life.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.