Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Books I Didn't Get To...

There are lots of books I didn't get to in 2013. These are the books I hope to get to in early 2014 before I get started on upcoming 2014 titles--these seem too good to miss! (A few of these are older than 2013 but I am still hoping to get to them soon!)

Professional Books
The Literacy Teacher's Playbook, Grades 3-6: Four Steps for Turning Assessment Data into Goal-Directed Instruction

Middle Grade Novels
The False Prince: Book 1 of the Ascendance Trilogy
Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin
The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp

Young Adult
The Raven Boys
Jumping Off Swings
Living with Jackie Chan

Adult Fiction
Flight Behavior: A Novel (I just started this one!)
  Life After Life: A Novel
and another with the same title...
Life After Life: A Novel
The Goldfinch
The Husband's Secret

Adult Nonfiction
The Smartest Kids in the World: And How They Got That Way (I'm listening to this one so it might take a while. I'm about 1/4 of the way through.)
David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants
The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism


  1. You have to read the Husband's Secret -- you turned me on to this author with What Alice Forgot. Rump and False Prince also great and you know we love Jen's book on assessment! Happy New Year!

  2. I have shelves and shelves filled with books I haven't read yet. It's a bit overwhelming.


We welcome your contribution to the conversation!