Sunday, April 22, 2018

Persona


Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.  ~Einstein


Persona 

I’m interested in everything.
The world is full of ideas and wonders that
blow my mind. I can
make amazing connections, be
the one who sees what others cannot, be counted
on to be the one who does
not take a statement for granted – the one who is not
afraid to question (but also who does not necessarily
think before I put my opinion out there). However, you can count
on me to understand that everything
I do or say matters, and that
admitting my mistake counts.
I have a keen sense of humor, and although I cannot
necessarily
time my jokes accurately, I keep trying. My best might be
the Poetry Friday ant rap. That definitely counted.


©Mary Lee Hahn, 2018



3 comments:

  1. This is awesome and golden shovels are so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a better sense of this student with your reflection within this quote...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a strong voice that says "back at you", I think. With you and your student doing performance poetry, it would be a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.