Friday, February 16, 2007

Cybils Ordered

Well, I just placed an order on Amazon. I usually buy books from my favorite independent children's bookstore, but I thought Jen Robinson had a great idea about making an impact in sales by ordering the winners online this week. So, I ordered PTOLEMY'S GATE even though I haven't read the other two. I also ordered AMELIA RULES #3 (and may love it so much, I'll get the others!). I ordered AMERICAN BORN CHINESE. I have been debating reading it but it has won so many awards, I can't resist. I also ordered FRAMED. I have already read the winner of middle grade fiction so I chose this one from the short list, based on Jen Robinson's review. Looking forward to reading all of them.

I highly recommend ordering some of the Cybils books. A huge support of the award and also a little gift to yourself. I think these are some of the best books out there this year and am excited to have such a list to shop from:-)

Has anyone been tracking the amazon numbers? Is the world buying lots of the Cybils winners?

If you haven't stopped in at the Cybils site lately, there are great links to all of the places that have been celebrating the Cybils with us! There are also some interesting facts about the Cybils.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Hi Franki,

    Thanks for this strong support for the Cybils! I hope that you enjoy the books that you bought. And I agree, definitely a treat for yourself to buy award-winning books. I purchased five of the titles from Amazon on Wednesday, and actually received four of them at my home on Friday. And that was with "super saver" shipping selected. I think it helps being on the West Coast.

    Anyway, to answer your question, yes, we are tracking the impact on Amazon statistics, and you can definitely see an impact of the Cybils on the rankings. We're working on a post about that for the Cybils site, so stay tuned...

    Thanks again! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of Framed so I hope that you love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.