Saturday, February 10, 2007

Online Novel by Wendelin Van Draanen

I am probably way late discovering this, but I just found out (from my IRA newsletter) that Wendelin Van Draanen is writing an online novel for kids called THE GECKO AND STICKY. Each week a new chapter is posted. They have posted 4 chapters so far. It will end in mid-May. The author, Wendelin Van Draanen wrote one of my favorite series--SHREDDERMAN. This is a cool idea from the Maricopa County Library district. I guess they've had other online novels in the past. I am going to share it with my class this week. There are several SHREDDERMAN fans that may love to read it weekly. A pretty cool idea.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Franki
    If you like this, you'll love The Neddiad by Daniel Pinkwater. It's due out in April, but it has been published a chapter at a time since August. New chapters are posted every Tuesday and there is a reader forum. (Mr. Pinkwater himself even posts at times.) I'm totally hooked!

    On a totally unrelated matter, I was visiting the Chinasprout web site recently when I came across this terrific book on adoption. It's called Just Add One Chinese Sister. It's gotten great reviews and may be a good one to add to your collection. The other book I like is The White Swan Express: A Story About Adoption. My son is not adopted, but I am, so when he started asking who's tummy I was in, we started reading about adoption to help him understand.

    Regards,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.