Thursday, February 14, 2008

CYBILS WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!



The 2007 CYBILS Winners were announced today. You can see the whole write-up on the CYBILS website. I was very excited about the list. I am especially excited that BOOK OF A THOUSAND DAYS by Shannon Hale is on the list--what an amazing read!

I was part of the Poetry judging. What a fun time we had! Thanks to Gregory K (Gotta Book), Jone (Check It Out), Sara (Read Write Believe), and Cloudscome (A Wrung Sponge) for some great discussions! Such great poetry this year. If you have not read the winner, THIS IS JUST TO SAY by Joyce Sidman, I would recommend reading. I'll try to do a review soon but for now, check out the CYBILS site!

By the way, Sara Lewis Holmes has my favorite CYBILS announcement of the day!

3 comments:

  1. My library does not have this book. I'm shocked and appalled. Maybe I'll make this one of my Cybils purchases through the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:29 PM

    My book, Waiting to See the Principal and Other Poems, was part of the poetry competition. What did you like about the book and what do you wish was better? Could you share that with me? I am now a member here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not get a chance to review Waiting to See the Principal. Since I was a judge, I only looked hard at the 7 finalists that the nominating committee chose. Sorry I can't help you!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.