Tuesday, April 01, 2008

DON'T WORRY BEAR by Greg Foley

I just popped into Cover to Cover to pick up the new Pigeon book and the new Clementine book (more on those later.) But I got another nice surprise when Beth showed me this new book, DON'T WORRY BEAR by Greg Foley. This is one of the sweetest picture books I have seen in a while. And the text is predictable with great picture support so it is a great one to for new readers.

Bear and Caterpillar become friends. But caterpillar is busy making a cocoon. He tells Bear, "I'll stay inside for a while. But I promise you'll see me again." Bear visits the cocoon and worries about his new friend. Each page follows the same pattern (He came when it rained. Caterpillar said, "Don't worry, Bear. I'm not getting wet." Bear tries not to worry but then worries more when he finds the cocoon empty. A happy ending follows!

This bear is so darn sweet. You can't help but love him. And the story is just as sweet. I am not usually into sweet, but I love this new book. I bought it because it has great supports for new readers. And because I just loved it!

3 comments:

  1. Just drop this one off on your way in tomorrow...can't wait and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33 PM

    Oh, man. And wouldja LOOK at him. Cute little guy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, liz, the author is so cute. Oh, hold it. Were you talking about the bear?

    Well, the Greg is a cute guy too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.