Friday, May 07, 2010

Poetry Friday -- Eh?

photo by Ségozyme


April showers
bring separation of powers.

What's good for the goose
is the summary of the story.

A thing of beauty
is a decimal place value.

An apple a day
comes off one of the three branches of government.

Those who live in glass houses
compare and contrast the theme of another story.

A bird in the bush
is worth a three in the hundredths place.

All work and no play
makes the teacher cross-eyed when she's grading papers.

by Mary Lee Hahn, copyright 2010


Diane has the roundup this week at Random Noodling.

(Sorry about the comment moderation -- spammers are becoming annoyingly tenacious.)

8 comments:

  1. Mary Lee, Your line mix up here demonstrates a frazzle-feel all too well. Good good luck to you during this hectic time...your poem made me crack up and also want to send you a massage session, imagining you speaking this way over the weekend.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I feel the same way when grading my students' papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:58 AM

    This is wonderful! I remember that feeling from teaching... Sending good wished for coherent thoughts your way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! With Diane doing headstands and you mixing up lines, I can see everybody's in the throes of May Madness! Let the craziness continue . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens to a homeschooling mom, too. :) I'm ready for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:28 AM

    You remind me why I don't teach math. Got to hear Ellin Oliver Keene yesterday. A fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Mary Lee--especially

    A thing of beauty
    is a decimal place value.

    which seems to say something really important to me!

    And the rest of the poem made me laugh...always a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.