Monday, July 19, 2010

10 Things that I am Excited About When It Comes to Teaching and Learning

I put together this slide show for a presentation at Literacies for All Summer Institute in Indianapolis. I loved putting it together. Here is my thinking behind it. Sometimes it feels like it is a hard time to be in education. But it is also the most exciting time to be a teacher. There are so many things to be excited about. I realized how many new things I am excited about these days and I wanted to share them in my talk. I think as teachers we need to find a bit more time to share the things we are exciting about--new things we are discovering, new learning, etc. So, I am making that a mission for the year--paying more attention to the things I am excited about in education today and sharing those with others.

Below is the slideshow I used at the conference a few weeks ago. I am not sure how much sense it will make without the story behind each slide. But maybe you'll find something worthwhile there. All of the links that go with the slides are on my website (www.frankisibberson.com). If you see a slide that you want to know more about, go to the site and find the link. Some slides show videos, some have information on a new tool for kids, etc. All of the links to those things are on the site. Hope you find something to get excited about and then share it out. Then maybe someone else will find something to be excited about and they'll share it....

3 comments:

  1. LOVED your presentation! It makes us all think about what we can get excited about. I need to make my own list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect post to help inspire all of us as we get closer to beginning a new year. You are right, there is so much to be excited about in education. Maybe that is what we need to be discussing. Wouldn't it be fun to start the school with all staff members making a slide show (only 10 slides - maybe less) about what excites them in teaching and learning. Motivating & positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel honored, I feel humble. Thank you Frankie!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.