Thursday, November 18, 2010

2 BINGO GAMES FOR YOUNG CHILDREN

I added two BINGO games to the library this year-- I SPY BINGO and BINGO LINK.  Both are connected to books and are great for supporting visual literacy and vocabulary development with young children.

In I SPY BINGO, 4-6 players can play at a time.  BINGO cards provide a variety of options for playing but all games focus on beginning sounds and vocabulary development.

CAN YOU SEE WHAT I SEE BINGO LINK is a twist on the traditional BINGO game. The "cards" have several photographs (as seen in the CAN YOU SEE WHAT I SEE books).  Each card has each photo but they are in different spots. The object of this game is to fill in a "row" of photos from one end of the board to the other.  This could be a straight line but it doesn't have to be straight.

The BoardGameFamily has a great explanation on YouTube. (I find these videos to be great resources for kids when learning to play the game. I also think they are great models for our kids who want to create their own game demonstration videos.)

1 comment:

  1. Franki, I love these game posts! We have a tub of games for older kids that lives on one of the top shelves at my library and yesterday I really looked at it for the first time because someone had left it a big mess and I was cleaning it up and organizing it. I don't think anything's been added or changed for at least 10 years. Your posts have suggested some great things I can purchase to update our game collection!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.