Thursday, October 20, 2011

I WANT MY HAT BACK by Jon Klassen

I had heard of this book, I WANT MY HAT BACK, but didn't think it looked like anything unique. So, I wasn't in a hurry to get my hands on it. It looked good and I meant to pick up a copy but I didn't expect to LOVE it. Boy, was I wrong.  I started to change my tune a bit when I noticed that almost all of my Goodreads friends gave this book 5 stars.  Colby Sharp even went so far as to say "Top 5 picture book for me this year." on his Goodreads review.  So, last week, when I saw it in Bill Prosser's library for a meeting, I picked it up.  Bill told me it was funny but we don't always share the same sense of humor. But I totally trust him on funny books. So I started to read and I didn't laugh immediately.  Then I laughed REALLY hard. Then I laughed even harder.  Then I had to order the book right away. Then I had to read it when it arrived. And I laughed really hard again.  Now, I know why so many of my smart, literate friends are in love with this book. I agree with Colby--in my top few picture books of 2011 no doubt! 
(Even if the trailer doesn't totally sell you on it, you'll fall in love with it when you actually see the real book. Trust me.




There is a great review at Fuse #8 if you want to hear more great things about this book:-)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Franki--I'm trusting your sense of humor:>) Just put this on reserve at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have purchased this book. Maybe I will request it from another library and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like such fun. You make me want to run right out, but I just visited our local teacher/child bookstore on Tuesday, so it'll have to be on the wish list. Thanks for telling about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Franki,

    I was talking to my friend who owns a wonderful children's book shop a couple of days ago. She highly recommended this book--so I told her to put a copy of it aside for me. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.