Monday, August 04, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Head over to Teach Mentor Texts for the It's Monday! What Are You Reading? round up.

I had a great reading week.  Vacation and being in the car for 25+ hours helped!  I've read some great books lately. I know I'll have far less time to read with school starting but glad to have read the books I did. Here are some of the great books I've read lately--love and recommend them all.  Every single one was fabulous!

I just don't fit enough enough adult fiction so I made sure to do that on vacation last week. Both were great.

Landline

Where'd You Go, Bernadette: A Novel


In anticipation of Global Read Aloud in October, I reread

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

WOW! I have always loved this book but haven't read it for probably 6 years. Loved it even more this time and am excited to share it with kids as part of Global Read Aloud.

A heartbreaking book set in the Lower Ninth Ward during Hurricane Katrina.  Love the main character of this one. A Must Read!
Upside Down in the Middle of Nowhere


A novel in verse that is set in Guatemala during the civil war.  A great book--I think this is probably intended for middle school.

Caminar by Skila Brown

A graphic novel (coming out in September) that I loved. Another Must Read!


El Deafo by Cece Bell





3 comments:

  1. Most happy to see you loved Landline, Franki. I've been wondering... I have Caminar, definitely will get to it soon. Glad it was a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of those titles are ones I hope to get (back) to myself -- thanks for those recommendations.

    I've got one to share: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying -- a very funny, very practical set of lessons learned by Carol Leifer during her four (occasionally down, never out) decades as a comic and writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smoke! You DID get a lot of reading done--fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.