Monday, May 22, 2017

My Stack for #cyberPD 2017



Dynamic Teaching for Deeper Reading
by Vicki Vinton

MUST read.



Disrupting Thinking
by Kylene Beers and Bob Probst

MUST read.



No More Telling as Teaching
by Cris Tovani

Probably more secondary and probably preaching to the choir, but MUST read because we get so caught up in galloping toward the test that sometimes we forget. (We...meaning I.)



The Teacher You Want to Be
edited by Matt Glover and Ellin Oliver Keene

Yes, next year I'll be entering my 32nd year of teaching and I'm down to less than one hand before retirement, but I'm STILL trying to be the teacher I want to be. Why stop now, right?



4 comments:

  1. Disrupting Thinking has been in a lot of stacks. There are some great reads here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great must read choices, Mary Lee! :) Congrats on 32 years! Amazing!!! I love your mindset on continuing to grow and learn! We are all still trying to be the teacher we want to be. I had that title in my book stack last year and never did read it completely ... must do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 30 years, but only 10 in public, so I'm not thinking retirement yet. I am always thinking about how to be a better teacher. Looking forward to sharing PD with you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are still thinking about ways to be the best teacher you can be! It's inspiring. And what a gift to your students. xo

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.