Saturday, March 03, 2007

Cynthia Lord Rules! (get it?)

I just received the best packet from Cynthia Lord, author oF RULES and the timing couldn't be better! Cynthia Lord has a teacher packet that she uses during author visits. The packet shares her whole writing process, including pages of the revision process and more. It is a behind-the-scenes look at the book. We are just getting ready to finish Rules and the discussion has been amazing. It has been a great read aloud. And now we can take a look at the process Cynthia Lord went through to write this book. The packet from Cynthia Lord came right at the perfect moment. We are set to finish the book this week. And, last week, Georgia Heard (author of several poetry books for kids and professional books for teachers) visited our school as part of a yearlong study put on by The Literacy Connection. We had all read and discussed her book THE REVISION TOOLBOX which is a must-have for teachers who have writer's workshop in their classrooms. 

Georgia Heard taught a lesson in a first grade classroom and in our classroom on Friday. Today, I attended a full day workshop that Georgia led about revision. I learned lots and am anxious to bring the new learning to the classroom. I know my students will benefit greatly from all of the ways my thinking has changed on revision work.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:47 PM

    Cynthia Lord put her packet in the mail for me early this week. I can't wait to get it! It sounds like it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.