Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Best Book About a Girl Who Wants a Dog!

I love the new book A SMALL BROWN DOG WITH A WET PINK NOSE by Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen and illustrated by Linzie Hunter. Kids love dog books so I am always happy when I find another great one. You can tell this one will be fun and unique from the front cover. At first, I thought it was going to be just another girl-wants-a-dog book but this one is much more fun than many I've read before.

"Amelia wanted a dog. But not just any dog. Every day she asked her parents, 'May I have a small brown dog with a wet pink nose?"

And every day her parents said no. They just weren't ready for a dog.
But, Amelia kept asking and asking and asking.

Amelia changes her tactics early in the book and it is fun to see the clever ways Amelia continues the conversation about getting that dog she's always wanted.

And I can't give away the ending--you'll have to read it to find out.

I think this one will definitely be a read aloud in the library. I think kids will love it!

1 comment:

  1. You've made my day! I was sooo hoping for this kind of reaction to the book:)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.