Thursday, June 02, 2011

CAKE POPS: Can You Believe I Made These?

This post is dedicated to my friend Lori Sabo (Lori's Lessons) who inspires me to make things!
Can you believe I made these????

One of my summer goals is to learn to bake some new things.  This week, my daughter and I tried a new lemon cupcake recipe (which was delicious) and we made our first batch of Cake Pops.  My daughter made them at a baking camp last year and we loved them. I later discovered the Bakerella blog which I visit often as well as the accompanying book, Cake Pops:  Tips, Tricks and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats, both by Angie Dudley.

I absolutely love this book--these fun cake pops have so many possibilities and the author makes it so easy to learn to do them. I figured that it would take a few batches before mine were presentable, but they worked the first time.  We definitely made the basic cake pops for our first try but with the presentation tips that Bakerealla includes in the book, we created a very fun treat to give away or to serve. This time, we used chocolate cake with basic sprinkles. We tried a few kinds of sprinkles--some worked better than others.  But we have a plan for our next batch and I feel confident that I could make these for a future event.

Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini TreatsIf you are looking for fun things to try this summer, I would definitely recommend this book. The product is a fun one (although they do take a bit of time) and it was a fun project to do together.  Hopefully, I'll attempt one of the more complex cake pops later this summer, but for now, I am happy to have this new fun treat on my list of things to bake!


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely marvelous! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! You are a baking goddess!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! You might just inspire me to bake something new...I guess that would mean bake anything because I really don't bake at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I myself have wanted to try making these... haven't gotten around to it yet! Its a great gift idea. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.