Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Scuttle

by Hugh MacLeod at Gapingvoid.com


My new word in Ed DeCaria's Madness! 2012 Poetry Writing Craziness Tournament (subtitled with the best and truest subtitle ever: "Kids' Poetry. Under Pressure.")

is

SCUTTLE.

And who am I "versing"?

(In kid lingo, "versing" means "competing against," but isn't it the perfect word to mean "competing against in a poetry tournament"???)

I am versing Julie Larios.

So, yes. I am dreaming big.
And I am working hard.

I think I'm pretty close to a final draft that I like and can be proud of.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a great word. I bet you come up with something marvelous! But eek! Up against the very formidable Julie Larios! I've been loving the poems from both of you so much. Looking forward to your next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Oh no! How will I choose! Both of you great poets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have DREAM BIg... you know I am dreaming BIG for you! Can't wait to read your next poem. I went to the person you are versing... great blog too! Should be a fabulous round. KEEP WRITING...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your next treasure-- the first two have been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you see, Mary Lee - now the voting has started and you are beating the pants off me! I would have to find strangers on the street and beg them to vote for me. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great poem, Mary Lee.

    Thanks for participating, and good luck against Mr. Pincus in the Regional FINALS!

    -Ed D.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.