Sunday, December 03, 2006

365 Penguins

Have you seen this new book? 365 PENGUINS by Jean-Luc Fromental. LOVE it! I actually purchased it before I had even read it. It was such a fun-looking book that I knew I had to have it. It is really big. There are fun penguins on the frong. It has bright colors--well one bright color (orange). The pictures are engaging. When I got it home, I read it. I was pleasantly surprised to find a fun, simple story. The story includes some math problems as the family tries to figure out what to do with all of the penguins in their house. A nice addition at the end is some info on global warming and the harm it is doing to animals. A great book and so many ways to bring it into the classroom. I read it aloud to my students for fun and they loved it. I think it is one of those books for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.