Sunday, December 31, 2006

Year in Review Meme

I found this meme at A Wrung Sponge a few weeks ago. It seemed like another fun way to sum up our first year at A Year of Reading.

The game is to list the first sentence of the first post of each month.

January: Franki and I have taught in the same school district (but never in the same building) for about 20 years.
February: I feel like I never have enough time to read, but I spend all day reading.
March: The folks who give the ACT are recommending that we continue to teach reading all the way through 12th grade.
April: No, it's not a LITTLE WOMEN kick, so much as it is my compulsion to read books "in order."
May: My 5th grade Indian cultural informant and I agree, BINDI BABES was fun, but nearly as good as BLUE JASMINE (out in paperback, I saw, in a recent trip to Cover to Cover).
June: This reviewer (Dave Barry) obviously doesn't know what it's like to be a teacher.
July: My best book of 2006 dates clear back to April: THE BOOK OF STORY BEGINNINGS by Kristin Kladstrup. Nothing else has come close since then.
August: OK, Shannon, here is my case study.
September: From the Don Marquis website: "Archy is a cockroach with the soul of a poet, and Mehitabel is an alley cat with a celebrated past -- she claims she was Cleopatra in a previous life.
October: A previously unpublished poem by Robert Frost has been found! The poem, entitled "War Thoughts At Home" was found handwritten in the cover of a book, and will be published in Virginia Quarterly Review this week.
November: Nikki Grimes is this year's winner of NCTE's Award for Excellence in Poetry.
December: I am loving the new book called THE BUMP ON SANTA'S NOGGIN by Jeffrey Schatzer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.