Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Levelmania Continues

So, as reported on Blog from the Windowsill, some kids are not allowed to check out books from the school library that are above or below their "level". UGH! I am trying to get the actual blog link because I really don't want to believe this craziness! The stories about the leveling disaster don't stop. Choice is so important to our newest readers. I agree completely with the title of the post about this: "as if I didn't feel enough like smashing my head into a wall". My feelings exactly. I will let you know if I get the link to the blog that reported this newest leveling disaster.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Any luck finding that link? What a ridiculous idea! So much for rereading an old favorite for fluency, or challenging oneself with a book that is a touch harder than those "on level." Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00 PM

    Hi - it was me. I'm a friend of windowsill. My blog is public so come on over! www.xanga.com/drtiff

    My son was homeschooled K-3 and we just started public school this year - so this is all new to us!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.