Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Turn--My Top 10 Picture Books

So, in thinking fast about 10 books I LOVE, here is the list I came up with tonight. Could be different on another day. I am sure I forgot some. But I love these 10. This is the list of the Top 10 Picture Books that I sent to Fuse #8. (See Mary Lee's below)


#1 Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox
#2 All the Places to Love by Patricia Maclachlan
#3 Lily and the Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes
#4 The Other Side by Jacqueline Woodson
#5 Silly Sally by Audrey Wood
#6 Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
#7 Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt
#8 The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant
#9 Voices in the Park by Anthony Browne
#10 Beware of the Frog by William Bee

2 comments:

  1. Yay- love for Scaredy Squirrel! Great list. And Beware Of The Frog is a terrific choice too- I'm loving all these lists, but keep seeing books I forgot about when making mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As people are posting their lists, what I'm enjoying most is seeing how very different they are - esp given how much we all know and love picture books. (That said, the Pigeon has been on a remarkable number of lists.)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.