Saturday, March 21, 2009

WATCH ME THROW THE BALL! by Mo Willems


I finally got my copy of WATCH ME THROW THE BALL! I was very bummed that I did not get it the second that it was available. It was a crazy week. But it was worth the few-day wait. I LOVE Elephant and Piggie and know each time a new one comes out, that I will love it too. But this Elephant and Piggie might be my very favorite--which is amazing to me. Somehow, Willems is keeping these fresh every time. This one is quite hysterical. Piggie is in rare forms and has some great moves. Elephant and Piggie are learning to throw a ball. Elephant is all about the "right" way to throw it and Piggie just wants to have fun. The language that Piggie uses after she throws the ball made me laugh out loud. Can't wait to share it with kids. Looks like the next one is out in June! Can't wait:-)

3 comments:

  1. When we read these to my daughter I am Elephant and hold an elephant stuffed toy and my wife is Piggie and holds a pig stuffed toy. It's hilarity for all.

    Oh, and yes, Piggie is a girl.

    Thanks for the heads up on the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooo way!!!! I am out to the store right now!!! this had made my saturday! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes....what a great book. I was so glad I had a copy to read to your kiddos when I visited during the Book Fair! I hope to shake Mr. Willem's hand someday.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.