Saturday, June 12, 2010

San Antonio Choice Literacy Workshop

I had a great few days in San Antonio with Choice Literacy. What a great group of teachers. I always learn so much when I work with teachers. It was a great kickoff to summer. I also had a chance to see a show at the Majestic Theatre. What a gorgeous theatre. If you ever have a chance to see a show there, you should! I also had some time to spend with friends--Brenda Power, the 2 Sisters, and my new friend, Trish.

My new friend Trish, an amazing teacher in Texas, made these VERY FUN centerpieces for the" Delight in Words" workshop. She set these up the night before and they brought a great energy to the room. They were quite fun and the base as well as the dots placed around the table made for a happy day.


I am thinking about using something like this in the library. I have to figure out exactly how to do it, but wouldn't they be great for advertising new books, sharing books that kids might like if they liked other books, one with all of the books in a series, etc. I can see them placed on tables, shelves, etc. I know these took Trish hours and hours and hours to make but they made such a difference in the room. As I continue to think about the environment I am creating, it is these little touches that make all of the difference. I find it a bit more difficult to do this in the library because it is a K-5/whole school space, but these centerpieces definitely got me thinking about little touches that make a big differences.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time for all. And, I do love the whimsical dots on the tables. How crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the word display - how creative! Any idea where those letters were bought? I would love to create something similar in my classroom in the word center area!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.