Monday, February 18, 2013

Like Bug Juice on a Burger


Like Bug Juice on a Burger
by Julie Sternberg
illustrated by Matthew Cordell
Abrams, on shelves April 2013

This sweet little novel in verse is the sequel to Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie.

In this book, the main character, Eleanor, is going to go to summer sleep-over camp. Her grandmother gives it to her as a gift, remembering that Eleanor's mother loved it when she was Eleanor's age.

Eleanor does NOT like camp -- the food is bad, she's the only one who can't swim, and she misses her parents and New York City.

Luckily, she makes a new friend. Joplin is VERY tall and VERY different from Eleanor, but she winds up making ALL the difference to Eleanor.




3 comments:

  1. What a title! It sounds like a fun book. I look forward to seeing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie to my third graders last year and it's picked up quite often this year from the classroom library. I want to add this new one to our basket. I know some kids who will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books like this - where characters learn from each other, and, through them, learn about themselves. And I love characters named Eleanor, like this one, because she reminds me of another Eleanor (Roosevelt, that is), also tall and kind and wise.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your contribution to the conversation!