Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Books I Want to Read

So, I've been recovering from a concussion for the last 4+ weeks.  It has been a long, slow process with lots of "brain rest".  Brain rest is no fun, in case you are wondering. Especially when you do not choose to do it.  You may have noticed that Mary Lee has been pretty much covering the blog as I have been limited on screen time (almost none) for the past four weeks.  Brain rest also includes little to no reading.  I don't remember a time in my life when I have gone more than a day without reading.  It has been pretty awful. But my headaches happen fewer hours a day, so I am hoping another week and I'll be able to get back to reading.

You can imagine how my TBR stack has grown during this time-of-no-reading (not to mention how poorly I am doing on my Goodreads 2013 Challenge!).  I thought I'd share the books I wish I could read--books that have been piling up during the last few weeks.  I am sure they will be worth the wait, but how will I ever catch up?
















15 comments:

  1. Get well soon! Sorry to hear that.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon! I can't imagine not reading each day. And if you ever catch up, let me know the secret. I don't think it is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! What happened? If it's any comfort, a lot of these books are in my TBR pile and I don't even have a concussion! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Franki, I am glad to hear you're recovering. A concussion, though. How awful!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon. You've got a nice group of stories waiting for you. Happy reading soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss "seeing" you online! Glad you are feeling better. Hope you are completely recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:08 PM

    Oh no! I hope you're feeling better soon! I had a student last year get a concussion. Each day he would come to my reading class, but he couldn't read!
    Thanks for the post -- now I have a few books to add to my wishlist, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! So glad that you are on the mend and hope those headaches dissipate. I can't imagine. Some great titles on the TBR list. I was wondering . . . can you listen to audio books? I listened to "Three Times Lucky" and loved it. Just another way to help you get "caught" up reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for thinking of your blog readers and sharing your great list during this difficult time. Rest well and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I hope you are on the mend. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling better. You need to put False Prince at the top of your list. Sure hope you can read over spring break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying that headaches cease quickly! You have a fantastic TBR pile waiting for you. I agree with Julie that you should move The False Prince to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your troubles--hope you feel better soon!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending positive thoughts and hoping that you're feeling better so that you can tackle your reading pile. I personally think Three Times Lucky should be moved closer to the top also. I still have The False Prince on my pile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How in the world did I miss that you had a concussion? What happened?

    I'm so sorry-I know how hard it would be to NOT read. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.