Sunday, March 31, 2013

National Poetry Month: Common Inspiration--Uncommon Creations



The theme of my 2013 National Poetry Month Project is 

"Common Inspiration--Uncommon Creations."

Each day in April, I will feature media from the Wikimedia Commons ("a database of 16,565,065 freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute"along with bits and pieces of my brainstorming and both unfinished and finished poems.

I will be using the media to inspire my poetry, but I am going to invite my students to use my daily media picks to inspire any original creation: poems, stories, comics, music, videos, sculptures, drawings...anything!

You are invited to join the fun, too! Leave a link to your creation in the comments and I'll add it to that day's post. I'll add pictures of my students' work throughout the month as well.


2 comments:

  1. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! I'm worn out from slicing every day for a month, but all right, I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast of an idea...and a fantastic title. I look forward to coming and seeing it all grow! xo, a.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.