Monday, August 21, 2017

Kicking Off #lclassroombookaday

We had a great first few days of 5th grade.  We started #classroombookaday on the first day of school.  Just as I have the last few years, I plan to end our day with a picture book. It is the most joyful way I've found to end every day of school.  We started with a variety of books this week.  I am sharing a variety and as I do, I am noticing the ways kids enjoy and respond to different books. As I've done in the past, I plan to create a visual log on one of our walls as a way to log our reading and also to invite revisiting and conversations.  These are probably books we'll go back to this year in mini lesson work, etc.  I would definitely recommend these 3 books as read alouds for pretty much any grade.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.