Monday, September 11, 2006

Franki's Top Picks (so far!) for 2006

Thanks to Mother Reader for another great idea! She has asked us to pick our top 5 books of 2006 in a few categories. Since the purpose of this blog is to read books that could win the Newbery, I have my top 5 in that area on my list. At the moment, based on what I've read and the mood I'm in, here are the top 5 picture books and chapter books for middle readers.

Top 5 Fiction for Middle Readers
(Novels that COULD Win the Newbery Award)

YELLOW STAR by Jennifer Roy

PENNY FROM HEAVEN by Jennifer Holm

YEAR OF THE DOG by Grace Lin

FAIRIES OF NUTFOLK WOOD by Barb Bentler Ullman

GOSSAMER by Lois Lowry


Fiction Picture Books

SCAREDY SQUIRREL by Melanie Watt

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL by Louise Borden

THE PRINCESS AND THE PEAby Lauren Child

HIPPO! NO, RHINO! by Jeff Newman

BIG SISTER, LITTLE SISTER By LeUyen Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.