Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Mosaic


September always begins with the Upper Arlington Arts Festival. The blown glass tree and the grilled cheese sandwiches from my favorite food truck are from UA Arts. A week later, Clintonville had its first ever Festiville -- SpiderMonkey and SuperMonkey were spotted there.

The cocoonish thing on the brick of the school wall was sighted by an observant Environmental Club member. ID, anyone?

All the rest of the photos, except for the last four, are from Ohio's Casting for Recovery event at Indian Bear Lodge. Pretty spectacular sunrise over the pond, eh?

The last four are teasel critters -- made with the seedhead of a wonderful weed -- thank goodness I left enough or missed enough in the Land Lab so that every Environmental Club member could make a critter with one last week. We had our first indoor meeting of the year, due to the wet weather. The club members and their critters made a glorious, noisy, creative mess.

You can check out a larger view of the photos on Flickr.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your September photos I always love looking at them. I learn about great events in our area that I never knew about. Love the sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Mary Lee. I have a few teasel critters myself-great things! It looks as if you had a beautiful month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the other two commentators, I always enjoy your visual chronologies! You always make me think I'm going to try one- one of these months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mosaics are the perfect way to capture life. I always enjoy stopping by to see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure do wish I could be in that canoe with nobody around-so peaceful. :) The only partner I would want would be a book!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.