Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Classroom BookaDay

Our daily #classroombookaday (Thanks Jillian Heise and Donalyn Miller) is a favorite part of our school day.  We spend the last 5-8 minutes enjoying a book together. These books are often just fun reads that help us end the day with joy.  I am paying attention to new books I read this summer and creating a stack of possible #classroombookaday books. Usually I look for a shorter picture book that is light--I use the other, more complex picture books at other times during the school day. Here are a few books I've discovered this summer that might make great #classroombookaday selections!




Caring for Your Lion--a fun how-to book with lots of humor!

Give Me Back My Book--a fun read aloud with lots of great dialogue!

Nothing Rhymes with Orange-Poor Orange, nothing to rhyme with. Orange's side comments are quite amusing!

Professional Crocodile--a wordless book with a clever surprise!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to know that books make up a favorite part of the school day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing Rhymes with Orange is hilarious!! A great #classroombookaday choice!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.